July 1, 2018
MORNING WORSHIP SEVICE AT 9:30 A.M. –July 1, 2018
Rev. Loren Kotman.…Minister
Preparation for worship: “Sing to the Lord, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all the peoples. For great is the Lord and most worth of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. (I Chronicles 16:23-25)
WE GATHER IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD
*Call to Worship
*God’s Greeting & Mutual Greeting
*Opening Song: #501:1,3,4,6,7 “Oh, for a Thousand Tongues to Sing”
WE ARE RENPWED IN GOD’S GRACE
God’s Will for Our Lives
Call to Confession
Prayer of Confession:
Assurance of God’s Pardon
Hymn of Assurance: #483:1,3,4 “How Great Thou Art”
Offering: 1. Building Fund; 2. Habitat for Humanity
GOD SPEAKS THROUGH HIS WORD
Children’s Message by Pastor Loren
*Hymn of Preparation: #755:1-3 “Speak, O Lord” (LUYH)
Prayer of Illumination
God’s Word Read: I Kings 19:15-21 & 2 Kings 2:1-18
God’s Word Proclaimed: “The Jordan River Parted”
Prayer of Application
WE GO OUT TO WALK WITH GOD
*Song of Response: #521:1-5 “God of the Prophets”
*Parting Song: #927:1,2 “God, the Father of Your People” (LUYH)
*indicates congregation stand
organist…Connie Te Krony
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SERVICE:
GREETERS TODAY: Orville & Arlene Van’t Hul, Deacon Ryan Fedders
GREETERS NEXT SUNDAY: Roger & Carol Vis, Elder Dave & Carol Rozeboom
NURSERY TODAY: AM Rachel Schroeder, Ranae Sheffield, Ashley Fedders, Ethan Ney, Mackelle Grevengoed; PM Eric Zomermaand Family
NURSERY NEXT SUNDAY: Stephanie Struik, Shirley Van Engen, Haley Wielenga, Konner Struik, Treyton Sandbulte; PM Randy Winterfeld Family
USHERS FOR JULY.: Rod Te Krony, Greg Vanden Bosch, Ryan Kroese, Glen Scholten
VALET PARKING FOR JULY: 1. Scott Kroese & Justin Pollema; 8. Curt Van Grouw & Mitchell Rozeboom; 15. Mitchell Fedders & Zach Mouw; 22. Colin Westra & Marcus Te Krony; 29: Bryce Veldman & Alex Westra
OFFERINGS: Today – Envelope receipts are for the church budget or for the cause(s) designated on your envelope. The loose offering is for the 1. Building Fund; 2. Habitat for Humanity
NEXT SUNDAY: Hull Christian Building Project
COFFEE SERVERS TODAY: Russ & Bonnie Vander Schaaf
COFFEE SERVERS NEXT WEEK: Roger & Fran De Kruyf and family
POWER POINT TODAY: AM Arlene; PM Jason/Julie
POWER POINT NEXT WEEK: Kirk
SOUND SYSTEM TODAY: Ben
SOUND SYSTEM NEXT SUNDAY: Rick
CORRESPONDENCE: Larry Hoekstra to Justin Van Zee; Gerald Jansen to Steve & Tara Dekkers; Terry Jansma to Kevin Schutte; Brad Kats to Lauren Runia; Henry Kats to Sos & Kara Maletoungou (For those wishing to send an email, addresses are in the directory, first page, under “Missionaries Supported”.)
CALENDAR FOR THE WEEK
9:30 AM Worship Service
10:45 AM Coffee fellowship in the basement
6:00 PM Evening Service
FIRST CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH
July 1, 2018
WELCOME TO FIRST HULL Welcome to worship, sisters and brothers in Christ. May you hear God’s voice in a special way today. A nursery and quiet room are available in the basement. TV’s are available so that the service can be viewed. We invite everyone to join us for fellowship & coffee after the morning service in the church basement.
NEW CARE GROUP LISTS are in the church mailboxes. These new groups start July 1.
THIS EVENING Pastor Loren’s message is from Revelation 21 titled “New Creation.”
LIVING STONE PRISON CHURCH: Hull 1st is invited to worship with the men at the Livingstone Prison Church on Sunday, July 22. Living Stone Prison Church is located inside the walls of the Mike Durfee State Prison in Springfield, SD. The DOC requires all visitors to complete both an access and waiver form. If interested, please contact Val Brummel at email@example.com or call 712-441-3008. Deadline to have forms submitted is Sunday, July 1st.
HABITAT HOME GROUNDBREAKING CEREMONY will be on July 13 at 1:00p at 1713 6th Street in Hull. Please join Siouxland Habitat to give thanks to God for Him bringing this project together and to celebrate with the Brandon and Karla Van Lo family (partner family) for the start of their home. Everyone is welcome1
THANK YOU: We would like to express our gratitude for the overwhelming support we received at the Pizza Ranch Impact night on June 18. We feel extremely blessed with the great community support and many generous gifts to help with incurred expenses on Heath’s cancer journey. –Heath & Kayla Stoker
GOV. REYNOLDS has issued a disaster proclamation for 3 counties in the Mid-Sioux service area in response to recent flooding and severe weather. The three counties in the Mid-Sioux service area are Lyon, Sioux, and Plymouth. Individuals suffering losses of personal property or having structural damage to their personal residence may call 722-3611 or 800-859-2025. See the bulletin board for the Press Release.
ADVANCE NOTICE: The Bible League Christmas in July will be held on Monday, July 23, at 1:30p in 1st CRC Hull. Mark your calendar!
FIRST CRC FAMILY PRAISE AND PRAYER CONCERNS:
- Remember Anthony Smit in your prayers. He was admitted to the Sioux Center Hospital on Tuesday afternoon with chest pains.
- Melvin Van Otterloo was admitted to the Sioux Center Hospital last Sunday with breathing issues. Pray for healing.
- Continue to lift up Duane Vande Griend in your prayers. A recent PET scan showed a reoccurrence of cancer in his leg. Give thanks the tumors have shrunk in his lung. He continues to receive radiation treatment for his leg and for a rib. He is also receiving chemo treatment.
- Continue to remember Belle Draayer in your prayers as she recovers from neck surgery.
- Continue to pray for Florence Kroese as she recovers from a fall.
- Continue to keep Lisa Wiersma in prayer as she continues with her treatments.
- Give thanks with Gary and Susan Roetman. The results of a CT scan for Gary last Monday showed no evidence of cancer.
- Pray for our shut ins: Pleasant Acres: Sally De Groot, Florence Kroese, Melvin Van Otterloo; Aspen Heights: Joyce De Vries, Julianne Kats, Chuck & Darlene Kroese, Anthony Smit, Goldie Veldman; Fieldcrest in Sheldon: Verne Huisman, Esther Rozeboom: in her son’s home; Good Samaritan Society in George: Wilma Altena; Ardelle Westra: Sioux City.
HOPE CRC FAMILY PRAISE AND PRAYER CONCERNS:
- We give thanks that Jemma Jean De Jong returned home this past week. We pray for Jemma’s continued progress and healing, and for strength for the De Jong and Kooima families.
- Wilma Heynen continues with her treatment for cancer. We pray that it will be effective and that she will be able to manage the side effects.
- Joanne Buyert continues her recovery at Pleasant Acres. We pray for her continued strength so that she will be able to return to her apartment soon.
- Karinda de Boom is in Guatemala on a service trip from June 29-July 8 serving with the art camp organization, “Authentikos: I Am Art.” We pray for a good week and that the team will glorify God through the work.
- Cruise De Groot has deployed to the Middle East. If you’d like to send him words of encouragement you can contact the De Groot’s for his address or message him through Facebook. Please pray for his safety and encouragement.
- We pray for Dave and Doris Van Beek’s daughter Deanne and her family, Brian and Sage, as they will be spending the next six weeks in Africa visiting countries to discern the location and timing for potential full time service there.
- We remember our members who reside in care facilities: Marv Boon at Prairie Ridge Care Center in Orange City, and Evelyn Dykstra in Byron Center Manor in Byron Center, MI. We also pray for their families as they support them.
The 2nd Annual Western Christian FFA Tractor ride will be held Saturday, July 7. Registration begins in the north parking lot at Western Christian at 8:00a. Riders will be leaving at 8:30a. The cost of the ride is $50; $5 for additional ride-a-longs. For more information, contact Kylie Miller at 319-331-8328 or Don Krommendyk at 712-470-3203.
Western is celebrating its 100th anniversary in August 2019. A book is being put together to commemorate this anniversary. As part of the book we would like to include memories from former and current students as well as former and current faculty. Send your reflections to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to: Western Christian High School, Box 658, Hull, IA 51239
THE NAMI SUPPORT GROUP will meet in the Fireside Room of Central Reformed Church in Sioux Center from 7-9p on Tuesday, July 3. Individuals and family members coping with mental illness are welcome. For information call Shirley Matheis at 722-4462.
VILLAGE NORTHWEST UNLIMITED invites you to their Independence Day Celebration on Tuesday, July 3, on the VNU campus. Food booths open at 5:00p and entertainment options open at 600p. Free activities this year include fire truck rides, petting zoo, horse drawn wagon rides, photo booth, balloon artist, life-sized corn hole, human foosball and a huge fireworks display. Other activities include carnival booths, kiddie train rides, kiddie ferris wheel, inflatables, cake walk, and ice cream sundae parlor. The Mud Dogs band will be performing on the outdoor stage.