July 22, 2018
MORNING WORSHIP SEVICE AT 9:30 A.M. –July 22, 2018
Rev. Loren Kotman.…Minister
Preparation for worship: “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be
devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.” Matthew 6:24
WELCOME TO WORSHIP
Prelude: “When In Our Music God Is Glorified”
*Responsive Call to Worship (on PPT)
*Opening Song: #242:1-3 “Come, All You People, Praise Our God”
*God’s Greeting & Mutual Greeting
WE COME TO CONFESS
God’s Will for Our Lives
Call to Confession
Prayer of Confession
Words of Assurance
Song of Assurance: #571:1-3 “Jesus Loves Me, This I Know”
Offering: Village Northwest
Offertory: “If You But Suffer God to Guide You”
WE COME TO LISTEN
*Song of Preparation: #528:1-4 “Lord, Speak to Me That I May Speak”
Prayer of Illumination
God’s Word Read: 2 Kings 4:8-37
God’s Word Proclaimed: “A Dead Boy Raised to Life”
Prayer of Application
WE RESPOND TO GOD’S WORD
*Song of Response: #718:1-3 “Day by Day” (Celebration Hymnal)
*Parting Song: SW#19:1,3 “We Will Glorify”
*Postlude: “Praise God From All All Blessings Flow”
*indicates congregation stand
organist…Mary Lou Wielenga
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SERVICE:
GREETERS TODAY: Ken & Peg Visser, Elder Roger & Fran De Kruyf
GREETERS NEXT SUNDAY: Lonnie & Tami Westphal, Deacon Ryan & Rachel Bolkema
NURSERY SUNDAY: AM Teresa Vanden Bosch, Hilary Van Hill, Haley Wielenga, Faith Kleinwolterink, Colin Westra; PM Travis Veldman Family
NURSERY NEXT SUNDAY: AM Marge Vander Esch, Kathy Bauer, Kirsten Grevengoed, Blaike Bonestroo, Amanda Wiersma; PM Evan Wielenga Family
USHERS FOR JULY: Rod Te Krony, Greg Vanden Bosch, Ryan Kroese, Glen Scholten
VALET PARKING FOR JULY: 22. Colin Westra & Marcus Te Krony; 29: Bryce Veldman & Alex Westra
OFFERINGS: Today – Envelope receipts are for the church budget or for the cause(s) designated on your envelope. The loose offering is for Village Northwest
NEXT SUNDAY: 1. Mission Fund; 2. World Renew
COFFEE SERVERS TODAY: Lee & Donna Van Grouw
COFFEE SERVERS NEXT WEEK: Clark & Lavonne Van Schepen
POWER POINT TODAY: Shirley
POWER POINT NEXT WEEK: Kirk
SOUND SYSTEM TODAY: Joel
SOUND SYSTEM NEXT SUNDAY: Rick
CORRESPONDENCE: Merlyn Kroese to Justin Van Zee; Ryan Kroese to Steve & Tara Dekkers; Don Krommendyk to Kevin Schutte; Kyle LeLoux to Lauren Runia; Joel Leusink to Sos & Kara Maletoungou (For those wishing to send an email, addresses are in the directory, first page, under “Missionaries Supported”.)
CALENDAR FOR THE WEEK
9:30 AM Worship Service
10:45 AM Coffee fellowship in the basement
6:00 PM Evening Service
1:30 PM Bible League “Christmas in July” in the church basement
FIRST CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH
July 22, 2018
WELCOME TO FIRST HULL “To God’s holy people…faithful brothers and sisters in Christ: Grace and peace to you from God our Father” (Colossians 1:2, NIV).Welcome to worship! A nursery and quiet room are available in the basement. TV’s are available so that the service can be viewed. We invite everyone to join us for fellowship & coffee after the morning service in the church basement.
THIS MORNING the Council will be serving cake and coffee in honor of Pastor Carl & Ellen Klompien’s 50th wedding anniversary. Everyone is invited to join them in the church basement.
THIS EVENING Rev. Kotman’s message is from Acts 9:19b-31 titled “Saul’s New Life”.
THE BIBLE LEAGUE Christmas in July will be held this Monday, July 23, at 1:30p in the church basement. You are asked to bring an item such as baked goods, crafts, plants, etc., to place on the silent auction tables. You will be given time to view the items and place your bids. Andrew Earnshaw, a representative from the Bible League headquarters, will be here to speak to us about the work of Bible League International. Hope to see you there!
LADIES & MEN who would like to help out at Justice For All can meet in the upper parking lot of church on Tuesday, July 24, at 12:45p to car pool.
BIRTHDAY: Ruth Fondse, wife of our former pastor, will be celebrating her 95th birthday on July 25. For those wishing to send her a card, her address is: Ruth Fondse, 1612 N. 2nd St., Sheybogan, WI 53081
THANK YOU: We would like to thank everyone for your love and prayers during our time of loss. We greatly appreciated the warm thoughts expressed in your sympathy cards, memorial gifts to honor Dad’s life and the delicious food we received. Thank you to our care groups for the beautiful flower arrangements. Also, thanks for the delicious meal prepared for us by our care group after the visitation and all those who prepared and served the lunch after the memorial service. Our thanks to Pastor Loren and Norma, Pastor Carl and Ellen Klompien for your phone calls, visits and prayers. Our family wishes to convey our sincerest appreciation for all those who visited Dad during his stay at Aspen Heights. Being a part of the family of God is a true blessing.
--Don & Mary and the family of Anthony Smit!
FIRST CRC FAMILY PRAISE AND PRAYER CONCERNS:
- We extend our Christian sympathy to Ryan & Christine Kroese in the death of Christine’s grandmother, and to Esther Rozeboom in the passing of her sister-in-law, Ada Rozeboom. May God comfort them in their sorrow.
- Pray for Matt De Wild who sustained serious neck injuries on Wednesday morning as a result of an automobile accident. Matt is a patient at Avera McKennan Hospital. Pray also for LuAnn and Josh. You can follow Matt’s progress on Caring Bridge (mattdewild). Please call LuAnn before coming up to visit (541-7254)
- Continue to remember Duane Vande Griend as he recovers from recent surgery.
- Keep Heath and Kayla Stoker in your prayers. The next step in Heath’s treatment will be in August.
- Pray for Melvin Van Otterloo. He was admitted to the Sioux Center Hospital on Thursday morning with declining health. Melvin is now under Hospice Care.
- Continue to pray for Florence Kroese as she recovers from a fall.
- Pray for Lisa Wiersma as she continues with her treatments.
- Pray for our shut ins: Pleasant Acres: Sally De Groot, Florence Kroese, Melvin Van Otterloo; Aspen Heights: Joyce De Vries, Julianne Kats, Chuck & Darlene Kroese, Goldie Veldman; Fieldcrest in Sheldon: Verne Huisman, Esther Rozeboom: in her son’s home; Good Samaritan Society in George: Wilma Altena; Ardelle Westra: Sioux City.
HOPE CRC FAMILY PRAISE AND PRAYER CONCERNS:
- Glen Kooiker has returned home and is doing well after double knee replacement surgery this past week. Please pray for his continued recovery.
- Wilma Heynen continues with her treatment for cancer. We pray for encouragement, strength and healing.
- We pray for Jemma De Jong’s continued progress and healing and strength for the De Jong and Kooima families.
- Cruise De Groot continues his deployment to the Middle East. Cruise’s parents will provide his address if you’d like to send him a note. You may also message him through Facebook. Please pray for his safety and encouragement.
- We pray for Dave and Doris Van Beek’s daughter Deanne and her family, Brian and Sage, as they visit countries in Africa, discerning the location and timing for potential full time service there. They plan to return home in two weeks.
- Congratulations to Ryan and Kelli (Boer) Leloux who were joined in marriage on Saturday. We wish them the Lord’s blessings as they begin their married life together.
- We remember our members who reside in care facilities: Marv Boon at Prairie Ridge Care Center in Orange City, and Evelyn Dykstra in Byron Center Manor in Byron Center, MI. We also pray for their families as they support them.
Western is celebrating its 100th anniversary in August 2019. A book is being put together to commemorate this anniversary. As part of the book we would like to include memories from former and current students as well as former and current faculty. Send your reflections to email@example.com or mail them to: Western Christian High School, Box 658, Hull, IA 51239
The 27th annual Western Christian Booster Club golf tournament will be held on Friday, August 10, at 12:00 at the Ridge Golf Course in Sioux Center. The cost to golf is $90 per person and that includes 18 holes of golf, cart, supper, and the chance to win prizes. Please call Mike Broek (712-395-0699) or Mike Roetman (712-449-5199) to reserve your spot or if you have any questions.
ATLAS Annual Golf Tournament will be held on Monday, July 23, at The Ridge. It will be an 18 hole 4-person best ball tournament. The cost is $110/person including golf fees, meal, and a small gift. Registration begins at 12:00p. Please register at www.atlasofsiouxcenter.org or call 722-4900 if you’d like to have a team.
COME ENJOY an evening of Gospel Music at the American Reformed Church on July 27 at 7:00p. It will feature Perry & Audrey Raman and Hull native Tom (T.J.) Klay from Nashville. A freewill offering will be taken.
COME SPONSOR a 2x4 to help build the Hull Habitat House! You, your friends, family, church group, business, etc. can sponsor a 2x4 for $50 and decorate it with Bible verses, encouragement notes, prayers, pictures, logos, etc. Your decorated 2x4 will be framed into the house and there will be a Stud Finder Open House later on to see everyone’s. Get more details and sign up by August 1 by contacting Kurt Franje: 712-476-2804 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROMISE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER, located at 338 First Ave. NW, Sioux Center, will host a Back-to-School Block Party 2 at 7:00p on Wed., Aug. 1l. At the event, Promise will provide free immunizations, dental screens and vision screens that students need for school. Promise also will offer $25 school and sports physicals. Free drawstring bags with school and health supplies will be handed out. The event also will feature free food, games and activities offered by several community organizations. All area students and their families are invited.
LIFE LIGHT Free Festival at the Rock Valley Sports Complex on Saturday, August 11, at 4:00p. See brochure on the bulletin board for more details.
JUSTICE FOR ALL is gearing up for the Annual Fall Auction and Picnic which will take place on Thursday evening, Sept. 6, at the JFA Ministry Center. We are planning a great evening of fun for the whole family! Along with the live and on-line Auction and meal, keep looking for updates on some exciting new additions to this year’s event! We are starting to collect items for the auction and if you would like to donate an item, please contact Joel De Wit at 476-2804 or email@example.com). SAVE THE DATE! This is one of JFA ministries most important fund raising events so we hope that you will come out and support the on-going ministry of JFA as we continue to share and care in Christ’s name!
SAVE THE DATE! You are invited to Orange City for a time of refreshment, growth and encouragement as we gather for a Women’s Conference and Men’s Breakfast in November! Our speakers will be Valerie Elliot Shepard (daughter of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot) and her husband Rev. Walt Shepard. They will also be speaking together the night before, which will be an event for the whole family. We will be reminded of who we are in Christ and how we are to be a light for Him, no matter our age or where we live. Mark your calendars for Friday, Nov. 2 7:00-8:30p (FREE) at the Unity Christian Knight Center. Saturday, Nov. 3 Men’s Breakfast: 9:00-10:30 ($5) (Location TBA); Women’s Conference (with lunch): 9:00-2:00 ($10) Unity Christian Knight Center. Registration will open Sept. 1. Stay tuned for more details! For more information, e-mail Esther at firstname.lastname@example.org.