June 24, 2018
MORNING WORSHIP SEVICE AT 9:30 A.M. –June 24, 2018
Rev. Loren Kotman.…Minister
Preparation for worship: “As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace”
WE COME INTO GOD’S PRESENCE
*Call to Worship
*Opening Hymn: #428:1,2,4 “O Worship the King”
*God’s Greeting & Mutual Greeting
WE CONFESS WHAT WE BELIEVE
Apostles Creed (PH pg. 813)
Hymn of Response: #490:1-3 “Blessed Assurance: Jesus Is Mine”
Offering: 1. Guatemala Trip; 2. Paradise Bound
WE HEAR GOD’S HOLY WORD
*Hymn of Preparation: SW#36:1,2 “Open Our Eyes Lord”
Prayer of Illumination
God’s Word Read: I Peter 4:1-11
God’s Word Proclaimed: “Living for God”
Prayer of Application
*Song of Application: #289:1-6 “Take My Life That It May Be”
WE CELEBRATE GOD’S GIFT OF FAITHFUL LEADERSHIP
Installation of Elders and Deacons (PH pg. 1004)
*Hymn of Commissioning: #523:1-3 “Lord, You Give the Great Commission”
*Parting Song: #523:4,5 “Lord, You Give the Great Commission”
*indicates congregation stand
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SERVICE:
GREETERS TODAY: Daryl & Marvella Van Wyhe, Elder Harry & Dee Meendering
GREETERS NEXT SUNDAY: Orville & Arlene Van’t Hul, Deacon Ryan Fedders
NURSERY TODAY: AM Melissa Pollema, Sara Sandbulte, Braden Baccam, Dason Van’t Hul, Haley Driesen; PM Darren Bonestroo Family
NURSERY NEXT SUNDAY: Rachel Schroeder, Ranae Sheffield, Ashley Fedders, Ethan Ney, Mackelle Grevengoed; PM Eric Zomermaand Family
USHERS FOR JULY.: Rod Te Krony, Greg Vanden Bosch, Ryan Kroese, Glen Scholten
VALET PARKING JULY: 1. Scott Kroese & Justin Pollema; 8. Curt Van Grouw & Mitch Rozeboom; 15. Mitchell Fedders & Zach Mouw; 22. Colin Westra & Marcus Te Krony; 29. Bryce Veldman & Alex Westra
OFFERINGS: Today – Envelope receipts are for the church budget or for the cause(s) designated on your envelope. The loose offering is for 1. Guatemala Trip; 2. Paradise Bound
NEXT SUNDAY: 1. Building Fund; 2. Habitat for Humanity
COFFEE SERVERS TODAY: Kyle & Janae Vander Schaaf
COFFEE SERVERS NEXT WEEK: Russ & Bonnie Vander Schaaf
POWER POINT TODAY: Kirk
POWER POINT NEXT WEEK: AM Arlene; PM Jason/Julie
SOUND SYSTEM TODAY: Joel
SOUND SYSTEM NEXT SUNDAY: Ben
CORRESPONDENCE: Scott Grevengoed to Justin Van Zee; Travis Grevengoed to Steve & Tara Dekkers; Ed Haveman to Kevin Schutte; Eric Haveman to Lauren Runia; George Heynen to Sos & Kara Maletoungou (For those wishing to send an email, addresses are in the directory, first page, under “Missionaries Supported”.)
CALENDAR FOR THE WEEK
9:30 AM Worship Service
10:45 AM Coffee fellowship in the basement
6:00 PM Evening Service
FIRST CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH
June 24, 2018
WELCOME TO FIRST HULL The psalmist urges us to sing the Lord’s praises and proclaim his deeds to all. (see Psalm 9:11). Let us do so! Welcome to worship. A nursery and quiet room are available in the basement. TV’s are available so that the service can be viewed. We invite everyone to join us for fellowship & coffee after the morning service in the church basement.
THIS MORNING the installation of new Elders and Deacons will take place.
THIS EVENING Pastor Loren’s message is from Romans 13:1-7 & I Peter 2:13-17 titled “Our Relationship to Government.”
NEW CARE GROUPS will be starting on July 1. However I am in need of 2 leaders and 1 assistant leader before I can finish the groups. Please prayerfully consider helping out with this important need.
LADIES & MEN who are able to help out at JFA in Rock Valley on Tuesday, June 26, can meet in the upper parking lot at church at 12:45p to car pool.
LIVING STONE PRISON CHURCH: Hull 1st is invited to worship with the men at the Livingstone Prison Church on Sunday, July 22. Living Stone Prison Church is located inside the walls of the Mike Durfee State Prison in Springfield, SD. The DOC requires all visitors to complete both an access and waiver form. If interested, please contact Val Brummel at email@example.com or call 712-441-3008. Deadline to have forms submitted is Sunday, July 1st.
ADVANCE NOTICE: The Bible League Christmas in July will be held on Monday, July 23, at 1:30p in 1st CRC Hull. Mark your calendar!
THANK YOU for blessing us through cards, gifts, and food. We are most grateful for your continued prayer. God has been answering many prayers, especially for minimal side effects and effective treatments.
–Lisa & Ben Wiersma
FIRST CRC FAMILY PRAISE AND PRAYER CONCERNS:
- Remember Duane Vande Griend in your prayrs. A recent PET Scan showed a reoccurrence of cancer in his leg. Give thanks the tumors have shrunk in his lung. He began radiation on Wednesday for his leg and for a rib.
- Continue to remember Belle Draayer in your prayers as she recovers from neck surgery.
- Continue to pray for Florence Kroese as she recovers from a fall.
- Continue to remember Heath Stoker as he receives cancer treatment.
- Continue to keep Lisa Wiersma in prayer as she continues with her treatments.
- Prayers are requested for Gary Roetman as he will be going in for a CT Scan on Monday, June 25, and will have chemo on the 26th. Pray that there will be no visible signs of cancer.
- Ivan Groothuis, father of Melissa Pollema, has been on the kidney transplant list for 6 years. On Tuesday we were notified of a donor and on Wednesday he had a transplant done. We praise God for the gift of life given to Ivan but also please pray for the donor and his family as they are sorrowing.
- Pray for our shut ins: Pleasant Acres: Sally De Groot, Florence Kroese, Melvin Van Otterloo; Aspen Heights: Joyce De Vries, Julianne Kats, Chuck & Darlene Kroese, Anthony Smit, Goldie Veldman; Fieldcrest in Sheldon: Verne Huisman, Esther Rozeboom: in her son’s home; Good Samaritan Society in George: Wilma Altena; Ardelle Westra: Sioux City.
HOPE CRC FAMILY PRAISE AND PRAYER CONCERNS:
- Jemma Jean De Jong continues to be hospitalized, but family hopes to come home soon. Pray for Jenna’s continued progress and healing, and for strength for the De Jong and Kooima families.
- Wilma Heynen has begun her treatments for cancer this week. We pray for effective treatment and that she will be able to manage the side effects.
- Joanne Buyert continues to make slow but steady recovery at Pleasant Acres. We pray for her continued strength so that she will be able to return to her apartment soon.
- Cruise De Groot is currently at Ft. Hood in Texas. He will fly out for his deployment soon. From there, he will wait for his assignment. Please pray for his safety and encouragement.
- We pray for Dave and Doris Van Beek’s daughter Deanne and her family, Brian and Sage, as they will be spending the next six weeks in Africa visiting countries to discern the location and timing for potential full time service there.
- We remember our members who reside in care facilities: Marv Boon at Prairie Ridge Care Center in Orange City, and Evelyn Dykstra in Byron Center Manor in Byron Center, MI. We also pray for their families as they support them.
The 2nd Annual Western Christian FFA Tractor ride will be held Saturday, July 7. Registration begins in the north parking lot at Western Christian at 8:00a. Riders will be leaving at 8:30a. The cost of the ride is $50; $5 for additional ride-a-longs. For more information, contact Kylie Miller at 319-331-8328 or Don Krommendyk at 712-470-3203.
Western is celebrating its 100th anniversary in August 2019. A book is being put together to commemorate this anniversary. As part of the book we would like to include memories from former and current students as well as former and current faculty. Send your reflections to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to: Western Christian High School, Box 658, Hull, IA 51239
LOVE INC is prayerfully considering starting a Grief Share class as part of our Fall 2018 Love & Learn classes. We are having an informational meeting on Thursday, June 28, at 7:00p at Trinity CRC in Rock Valley. We are seeking people to use their life experiences to serve as facilitators. If you have questions, please contact Love INC at 476-5990. For more information about Grief Share go to griefshare.org.
MEMORY LOSS SUPPORT GROUP will meet on Thursday, June 28, at 7:00p at Sanford Sheldon Senior Care. The program will be Anticipating Grief. Please come with questions and ideas about this topic as well as ideas for future programs. We want to encourage family and friends of people with dementia to attend. If you have any questions or need additional information or assistance, please feel free to contact (712) 324-6467 or (712) 324-6470.
THE COLLINGSWORTH FAMILY will give a concert on Friday, June 29th, at Sioux Falls First Church (6300 W. 41st Street). Doors open at 6:00p and the concert begins at 7:00p. For tickets go to www.iTickets.com or call Corvex Productions at 605-359-7284. (See brochure on bulletin board.)
TEENS NEEDED!! Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, Dodge – return to your recess days. Sign you and your friends up for the 1st Annual Hull Summerfest Dodgeball Tournament!! Tournament will be held at the Hull Westside Park on Wed., July 11, at 7:00p. Players must be 13-19 years old. Six player teams with a 3 girl minimum. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and also for best team costume! There is a $25 registration fee that is completely refunded at check-in on the night of the tournament. Stick around after the tournament for Pizza Ranch pizza and late night swimming at the Hull Pool!! Registrations can be found at http://www.hullchamber.org/site/wp-content/uploads/Dodgeball-Registration-2.pdf. Registrations are due June 30.