March 3, 2019
MORNING WORSHIP SERVICE AT 9:30 A.M. – March 3, 2019
Rev. Loren Kotman….Minister
Preparation for Worship: “And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” Hebrews 10:10
WE COME BEFORE OUR LORD
*Call to Worship
*God’s Greeting & Mutual Greeting
*Opening Song: #237:1,3 “We Praise You, O God”
WE COME TO PROFESS OUR FAITH IN OUR LORD
Profession of Faith: Brett Van Middendorp
Profession Hymn: #559:1-3 “Ten Thousand Reasons” (LUYH)
Offering: 1. Building Fund; 2. Justice for All
WE RECEIVE GOD’S WORD
*Song of Preparation: #305:1,3,4 “Jesus Paid It All” (Celebration Hymnal)
Prayer of Illumination
God’s Word Read: 2 Corinthians 5:11-21 & Lord’s Day 5
God’s Word Proclaimed: “Cancelling Our Debt”
Prayer of Application
Preparation Exhortation for the Lord’s Supper (PH pg. 976)
*Song of Response: #174:1-3 “I Stand Amazed” (LUYH)
WE GO FORTH TO SERVE
*Parting Song: #632 “To God Be the Glory”
(please allow teachers/students to exit first)
* indicates congregation stand
OPPORTUNITIES FOR SERVICE:
GREETERS TODAY: Cliff & Esther Gort, Deacon Eric & Alysia Haveman
GREETERS NEXT SUNDAY: Elder Daryl & Judi Wessellink, Elder Dan & Kathy De Wit
NURSERY TODAY: AM Brittany Veldman, Judi Wesselink, Savannah Feenstra, Kirsten Grevengoed, Faith Kleinwolterink; PM Evan Wielenga Family
NURSERY NEXT SUNDAY: AM Sherry Vant Hul, Bethany Scholten, Jesse Ney, Trailie Vander Schaaf, Dawson Feenstra; PM Lonni Westphal Family
USHERS FOR MAR.: Travis Veldman, Zach Mouw, Brian Rozeboom, Galen Kroese
VALET PARKING FOR MAR.: March 3: Lynn Anderson & Justin Pollema; March 10: David Te Krony & Cory De Wit; March 17: Bryce Veldman & Kyle Pollema
OFFERINGS: Today – Envelope receipts are for the church budget or for the cause(s) designated
on your envelope. The loose offering is for 1. Building Fund; 2. Justice for All
NEXT SUNDAY: 1. Christian Ed Fund; 2. Benevolence
COFFEE SERVERS TODAY: Dan & Kathy De Wit NEXT SUNDAY: Jay & Donna De Wit
POWER POINT TODAY: Julie
SOUND SYSTEM TODAY: Ben NEXT SUNDAY: Rick
CORRESPONDENCE: EllaMae Vande Burgt to Justin Van Zee; Dave Vande Griend to Steve & Tara Dekkers; Dennis Vande Griend to Michael Ribbons; Duane Vande Griend to Kevin Schutte; Joyce Vande Griend to Lauren Runia; Greg Vanden Bosch to Sos & Kara Maletoungou (For those wishing to send an email, addresses are in the church directory, first page, under “Missionaries Supported”.)
CALENDAR FOR THE WEEK
9:30 AM Worship Service
10:45 AM Coffee fellowship in the basement
10:45 AM Sunday School/Catechism Classes
10:45 AM Adult Sunday School
10:45 AM Choir Rehearsal
6:00 PM Evening Worship Service
7:00 PM Christian Fellowship – Session 5 “They Were Not Wandering”. Lunch: Jay & Donna
6:45 PM GEMS will have a regular meeting at Hope CRC from 6:45-8:30p
7:30 PM Friendship Bible
9:55 AM Coffee Break at Hope CRC
2:00 PM Bereans. Lunch: Betty Bolkema
7:00 PM Music & Worship Committee
7:00 PM YPS. Lesson. Devotions: Logan B. & Dylan Z. Lunch: Mackelle G. & Aimee VB
7:15 PM Service at Pleasant Acres. Care Groups 4&5 in charge of special music & piano player.
FIRST CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH
March 3, 2019
WELCOME TO FIRST HULL When life feels gloomy, God remind me that you spoke to the disciples from within the very cloud that had frightened them. Calm my fear too. Amen. A nursery and quiet room are available in the basement. TV’s are available so that the service can be viewed. We invite everyone to join us for fellowship & coffee after the morning service in the church basement.
REMINDER: We have ceased all handshake greeting until the middle of March. Greeters will still be available prior to the service to welcome you and Elders will greet you after the service, but will NOT shake your hand.
THIS MORNING we welcome Brett and Kaleigh Van Middendorp to our church. Brett will profess his faith in Jesus Christ in the morning service. Brett comes to us from Faith CRC in Sioux Center. Kaleigh comes to us from Christ Community Church in Sioux Center.
IN OUR MORNING SERVICE, we prepare for the celebration of the Lord’s supper next Sunday morning. Let us use this week to reflect on the Lord’s great love for us and pray that this may bring us to respond in joy and obedience. Anyone who is home bound and would like to partake of communion should contact Larry Wielenga (541-9036) or Ed Haveman (441-2907).
THIS EVENING we welcome Rev. Aaron Gonzalez from Hospers CRC as part of a post classical exchange. Pastor Loren will be bringing God’s word at Hospers CRC.
REHEARSALS start TODAY for the Community Easter Cantata “It Is Finished”. We’d love to have you share your voice and join in the choir!!! ALL VOICES – Junior High and older – are encouraged to sing along! This cantata is such a wonderful way to conclude the Easter season – sharing the amazing story of Christ’s sacrifice and the promise of the undeserving gift of eternal life!! Join us this Sunday at Hope CRC from 3:00-4:00p. We will rehearse each week at the same time, same place! The performance will be Easter Sunday evening at 6:00p at First CRC. Come join us as we share the good news.
PLEASANT ACRES: Our church is responsible for the service at Pleasant Acres on Thursday, March 7th at 7:15p. Care Groups 4&5 are in charge of special music and a piano player.
CHRISTIAN ED: Looking forward to warmer weather and being outside? The Christian Education Fund has a new fundraiser coming up this summer. We will be mowing Hope Cemetery! We’re looking for individuals willing to mow and/or do trimming a few times throughout the summer. This project is a unique opportunity to access significant funding from outside our congregation and serve the community of Hull. Contact Evan Wielenga (470-2570) or Dennis Vande Griend (470-4203) if you’re willing to help out!
NEXT SUNDAY EVENING Julia Mae Kroese, infant daughter of Eric and Bobby, will receive the sacrament of baptism.
ANNUAL DAY OF PRAYER SERVICE is scheduled for Wednesday, March 13, at Hope CRC at 7:00p.
CHURCH GAME NIGHT is tentatively scheduled for Friday evening, March 22. More information will be put in your church mailbox. Save the date for a fun evening with fellow church members!
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: Pastor Loren will be offering a class during the Sunday School hour in late April, early May, for those interested in making profession of faith. More information later.
THE KING’S CHORALIER, a 35-voice sacred male chorus from Grand Rapids, will be presenting a concert of praise on Friday evening, March 15, in Dordt’s Auditorium at 7:30p. They will be joined that evening by the Valley Male Chorus of Rock Valley. Mark your calendars now and plan to join us for a wonderful evening of worship in song! A freewill offering will be taken.
THANK YOU to everyone who helped out at the Derby race, especially the counselors! I also wanted to thank everybody for their patience during the racing. We have a new computer program in preparation for getting our own track and running our own and that always comes with a learning curve and a few glitches. Things should go a lot more smoothly next year! -Kent Zevenbergen
FIRST CRC FAMILY PRAISE AND PRAYER CONCERNS:
- We extend our Christian sympathy to Jon & Bethany Scholten in the death of Bethany’s grandpa, Duane Van Wyhe, of Sioux Center. The funeral was held on Wednesday, February 27th.
- Glenda Oolman fell and broke her arm. Pray for relief from pain and healing.
- Wilmar Pollema continues with chemo treatment. Give thanks that the numbers for his multiple myeloma have gone down. Pray that continues.
- Russ Vander Schaaf remains at the VA Hospital in Sioux Falls. Pray for better health.
- Duane Vande Griend continues with cancer treatment. He appreciates your cards and prayers. Pray for a better appetite and for healing.
- Tyler Vande Griend continues at Keystone in Canton and will be for there until the week of March 10. His address is PO Box 159, Canton, SD 57013.
- Heath Stoker had a good visit with the doctor last Monday. There is no change to his treatment plan at this time. Please pray for increased energy and for the building of his immune system.
- LeRoy Jongetjes was released from Avera McKennan on Friday evening, February 22, to Pleasant Acres where he is receiving IV for an infection. Pray for healing.
- Remember Belle Draayer in her ongoing challenges in life.
- Pray for our shut ins: PA: Chuck & Darlene Kroese, Sally De Groot, Florence Kroese; Aspen Heights: Joyce De Vries, Julianne Kats, Harry Klay, Goldie Veldman; Fieldcrest in Sheldon: Verne Huisman, Esther Rozeboom: in her son’s home; Good Samaritan Society in George: Wilma Altena; Ardelle Westra: S. City.
HOPE CRC FAMILY PRAISE AND PRAYER CONCERNS:
- Congratulations to David and Gina Van Lingen and family in the birth of a son, Lucas James Van Lingen, who was born on Friday, February 22. Mother and baby are well. Praising God for His gift of life!
- Please pray for Scott de Boom, Cal Van Der Zwaag, Craig Verhoef, and all the team members from our area who have been serving in Guatemala to serve with Paradise Bound Ministries. We pray for safe travel as they return and that through their work and witness others may have come to know Jesus as their Savior.
- We continue to pray for healing for those who are recovering from surgeries and procedures.
- Joan Buyert continues her recovery at Royale Meadows in Sioux Center. Please pray for her strength, wisdom and encouragement.
- Cruise De Groot continues his deployment to the Middle East. Please pray for his health, safety and encouragement.
- We remember Marv Boon at the Prairie Ridge Care Center in Orange City. We also remember those who reside at home but aren’t able to join us from week to week. We also pray for their families as they support them.
SIOUXLAND HABITAT for Humanity is accepting partner family applications for our homeownership program for a future home in Orange City. Application forms are available at the OC City Office, Orange City Library and online at . Completed applications are due by March 4. If you have questions, call Kurt Franje at 712-476-2804 or email .
THE “NAMI” SUPPORT GROUP will meet in the Fireside Room of Central Reformed Church in Sioux Center from 7-9p on Tuesday, March 5. Video: “Mental Illness in the Family”. Individuals and family members coping with mental illness are welcome. For information, call Shirley Matheis (722-4462).
DORDT COLLEGE MUSIC DEPARTMENT will present a concert on Tuesday, March 5, at 7:30p in the auditorium featuring the Campus Community Band and the newly named 4th Avenue jazz (jazz choir & jazz band performing separately and together).
THE DORDT CHORAL ENSEMBLES will present a concert on Wednesday, March 6, at 7:30p in the auditorium, featuring Bella Voce (women’s chorus), Chorale, and Concert Choir – over 160 singers.
ORANGE CITY Area Home Health & Hospice will host a video-conference entitled “Aging America” coping with loss, dying, and death in later life” on Wednesday, March 27, from 1:00-3:30p at Orange City Area Health System’s main campus, lower level meeting rooms. This program “Living with Grief” is free of charge for mental health professionals, healthcare providers, caregivers, and the wider community. Pre-registration is requested by calling 712-737-5279 by March 26.
HUNGRY FREE KIDS OF SIOUX COUNTY DINNER & AUCTION: Mark your calendars for the 5th annual Hungry Free Kids of Sioux County dinner and auction on Friday, March 29, held in the Dordt College Rec Center. Free will dinner beings at 5:30p and the live auction begins at 6:30p.
BETHANY CHRISTIAN SERVICE ASK Banquet will be held on Tuesday, April 2, at Terrace View Event Center in Sioux Center. Social hour with coffee and punch starting at 6:00p followed by a complimentary meal served at 6:30p. RSVP for the meal by March 25 by calling the Bethany Christian Services office at 712-737-4831.
CORNERSTONE PRISON CHURCH 13th Annual Benefit Banquet will be held on Monday, April 8, at Trinity CRC in Rock Valley at 6:30p. Doors open at 6:00p. Save your spot by March 31, by calling Trinity CRC at 476-5293 or go to . A freewill offering will be taken as an opportunity to financially support Cornerstone’s ministry.
CONCERT: Ernie Haase & Signature Sound will be in concert on Saturday, April 27th at 6:00p (doors open at 5:00p) at the Sioux Falls First Church, 6300 W. 41st Street, Sioux Falls. Tickets available to Crossroads Bookstore, iTickets.com and by calling 605-359-7284.